Latino Boomers flying under radar
Posted by Elena del Valle on April 22, 2009
By Fernando Torres-Gil, M.S.W., Ph.D.
Associate dean of Academic Affairs
University of California-Los Angeles
Photo: Fernando Torres-Gil, Ph.D.
America is witnessing a historic moment: the convergence of aging Baby Boomers with a burgeoning Latino population. That fact draws our attention to the people who fall into both categories: the Latino Baby Boomers, a population that is largely invisible.
Given that key issues such as Social Security, Medicare and pension reform are high on voter concerns in this election year, it is imperative to know as much as possible about this group. My own research thus far suggests that they are especially vulnerable, and the more we know about them, the better our political leaders will be able to address this unforeseen dilemma.
Click here to read the complete article
“Latino Family Dynamics” audio recording
Brenda Hurley and Liria Barbosa
- Latino purchasing habits and products they favor
- Latino family characteristics
- Latinos and extended families
- Division of duties, responsibilities within the family
- Who is the decision maker in the Latino family
- Who is the information provider in the Latino family
Click here to find out about Latino purchasing habits and “Latino Family Dynamics”