Posted by Elena del Valle on April 25, 2013
Information provided by Event and Program Partner
The National Hispana Leadership Institute’s Latinas Learning to Lead Program
The Latinas Learning to Lead program targets college-enrolled, 18-24 year old Latinas that are seeking to impact their community. The program promotes and fosters the career and educational development of young Latina leaders through training, mentoring opportunities, and access to national networks.
The LLL program annually selects about 22 fellows. Session topics include effective communication and presentation skills, advocacy training, public policy issues affecting the Latino community and other professional and leadership development topics, such as financial literacy and career opportunities.
Application and program deadlines are as follows:
- Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 5 pm EST: Application deadline
- Mid May: Application notifications
- July 21-27th, 2013: Leadership Training in Washington, DC
- July 28th and beyond: Participate in Mentorship Programs
- July 2013-2013 Fall semester/quarter: Leadership projects implemented in communities
For more program and application information visit www.nhli.org or contact NHLI at Programs@nhli.org.